Hi all,
I'm so glad the past week is over! Have some changes and some unknowns but here is what I know for now. The previous schedule that I had itemized came to a halt last Wednesday (10/09/13) when my bone marrow refused to "mobilize" (give up the stem cells). They did insert the catheter into my neck/chest on Tuesday and it is healing. Nurses tried on Wed, Thurs, and Fri to harvest the stem cells, but they would not come into the blood stream. At times like this they use a drug called "Mozibil" to entice the bone marrow to mobilize, but again no luck. Needless to say it was a stressful week. My good white blood cells are abundant, the red cells and platelets are normal so the stem cells are working, just hiding tight in the bone marrow. Unfortunately I now feel quite toxic after all the drugs. Nausea has given me a loss of appetite but they tell me if I drink enough water it will eventually flush my system.
Getting up at 5am for seven days straight did not help; both Katie and I are exhausted. Today has been a day of rest and I can confirm the multiple "pet" scans from Gracie (our dog) and "cat" scans from Keiko and Captain Velcro (our cats) have really helped. My personal pity party is over and it's time to get things back on track. We will know more next Friday when we meet with the transplant doctor but for now I'm just going to relax and try to get my body back on an even keel.
Love to all,
Mugsy
Blog access: http://updatefrommugsy.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment