It's been a great cabin visit! Seems like my mental and physical state improved dramatically after the PET Scan news of "No detectable active lymphoma". The cabin has been great and I've felt stronger every day. Katie has all her bird feeders full and boy have they been active. The June bugs/beetles are out so the blue birds have really been visiting. They still remind me of mom and dad.
Also had a bit of a milestone this morning... Gracie has been a bugger about walking in the forrest with Katie. She literally has to drag the dog to get her to walk. On the phone last night Dorsey asked if I felt strong enough to walk and that would tell us if Gracie was just concerned about leaving me behind. Well sure enough, Gracie walked with no problem and so did I!!! I haven't been in the woods for almost a year and I felt strong and we walked a little over 2 miles!!! Yeah!
Katie is filling the hummingbird feeders which really entertains the cats. Being the bad mommies that we are, we put one of the hummingbird feeders on the dining room window and of course both cats sit on the dining table and pounce the window. A few cat hairs in our food but no hair balls yet!
Wish we could stay up here longer but we head back in the morning. Have blood work Thurs am and it will be interesting to see the results after a week at 9200 feet. A nurse told us that at altitude your body creates more red blood cells to help carry the additional needed oxygen. Mine have been low but this week I'm not gasping for air and I don't get light headed like I did when we first arrived. Should be interesting.
There is so much of the sisters in the cabin. Brings back so many memories. Sure wish the brothers would come for a visit..... Doesn't have to be with the sisters, just come and enjoy. I can definitely promise a relaxing time and some great views and birds and critters and stars and......
Love to all,
Mugsy
Sent from my handheld mechanical dummy!

No comments:
Post a Comment