Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Already!

Okay, I'll admit it, I've been lazy.  Those last couple of Denver 30 degree days and no sunshine made it very easy to just veg and huddle on the couch under the covers....

 

Hi Family and Friends,

 

There really isn't much to say because all is going well with the after effects of the chemo.  I know many of us have heard horror stories about chemo, but that's not the case with me.  Still have a nagging feeling of nausea, but I've never barfed.  Food does not sound good AT ALL.   I lost weight when I came back from Ireland and it's been hard trying to eat and put weight back on.  Hmmm, a problem a lot of us would love to have, huh???  I'm also a bit more tired than normal, but I'm able to sleep so no problem.

 

The chemo will be on a 28 day cycle and it takes two days to administer.  I should hear this coming week when they will put in the "port" since this has to be done before the next chemo on October 29th.  Reason for the port is that this type of chemo is hard on the veins and they tend to collapse after a couple sessions.  The swelling in my leg is gone and it is completely back to normal (yeah!).  The swelling in my abdomen is also down so the chemo is quick to the job and doing it quite well.  After the upcoming six sessions of chemo, the expected plan is that this hiccup will go into remission and I'll continue on exactly  as I have over the past 5 years since I was diagnosed.  No treatment at all.  Not so bad!

 

Got out and took the dog for a walk around the cul-de-sac today; spent time chatting on the phone, and of course those lovely naps.  Made some of my Mom's spinach/bacon/potato casserole for dinner and right now things are very good.  I think I know what's causing all these good vibes....  It's all your kind prayers and well wishes, it makes the world of difference, THANK YOU!

 

For all my Rockies buddies, I plan on seeing you Tuesday night at the party.  Can't wait to thank you all in person.

 

Thanks again dear friends and family,

Love and hugs,

Mugsy


 


No comments:

Post a Comment