Bald is really Cold….
Dear Family and Friends,
Everything is progressing as expected and right now I'm feeling very good! Seems like I'm always tired, but that is expected. No pain, no swelling, no nausea, no weight loss, no more mouth sores and no hair… My hair started falling out and on our walks with Gracie (dog) I would pull out chunks and let it fly thinking that the birds could use it for nesting material. Well, it totally grossed out both Katie and Gracie; they looked at me like… REALLY? Made a trip to the hairdresser and she was very kind and very gentle in giving me a buzz cut. Now a buzz cut leaves a little stubble and it's really soft and fuzzy. But having no hair can be very cold at the weirdest times. I'm getting used to it and the hairdresser said I had a nicely shaped head so enclosed you will find a photo. Still have my eyebrows and eyelashes, time will tell if they stay…
I've been doing blood work every Monday and Thursday and right now my Neutrophils (good white blood cells) are low but going up. Yesterday's count was at 1.0 and I need a 1.5 to start chemo on Monday so time will tell. As Katie said we are learning the new dance with this new chemo and so far it feels like it is doing positive things. Will be great to chat with the Oncologist on Monday.
Love and hugs to all,
Mugsy
No comments:
Post a Comment