Hi Family and Friends,
I wrote last Tuesday 4/16, had the CT guided biopsy (they actually did a CT Scan so the doctor could pinpoint exactly what area to biopsy) on Wednesday 4/17 and then we waited. By Friday afternoon I knew I didn't want to go through the weekend not knowing so I called at 2pm and left a message for my oncologist. He called me back right away. Evidently the pathologist read the biopsy, added his findings and then filed the report never bothering to send it to the requesting physician! Duh!!! Dr. Brown found the report and read me the findings:
· Follicular Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Well it's not new news; we know that, I've had it since well before 2007. This is the same biopsy result we received last September 2012 when I returned home from Ireland and was so sick. We did six months of chemo targeting what the biopsy said last September just to find that EVERYTHING started growing back aggressively once the chemo regimen ended. Actually, the oncologist thinks it was rearing its head even before I finished chemo. So what now you ask???
Great question, my sentiments exactly… Dr. Brown said this case is NOT reading the textbook on Follicular Lymphoma! It is normally very slow and non-aggressive. He is researching with his team of Kaiser Oncologists and also waiting for the "molecular" testing results from the biopsy since they may add more information. Oncologist has not ruled out a different type of aggressive chemo and the possibility of a stem cell transplant, but he wants to be sure we know exactly what we are dealing with. So we wait till Monday and hopefully we will find a course of action and start SOON!!!
Reason for the SOON is that the other part of the biopsy mentioned the following:
· Uterus is "pancaked" (pathologists wording)
· Bladder is "compressed"
· Multiple enlarged lymph nodes with the largest in the lower right pelvic are 7cm x 5cm and then another right next to it measures 4cm x 4 cm.
As you imagine "pancaked" and "compressed" I think you get the drift that I'm uncomfortable and hope we get some action (and relief) soon.
I will let you know as soon as I hear, but for now, not to worry, I know I'm in good hands and am doing okay. I also feel those positive vibes and prayers and send you my sincere thanks.
God bless and GO ROCKIES!,
Mugsy
P.S. Link to the blog: http://updatefrommugsy.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment