Dear Family and Friends,
I've been a bad girl these past couple of weeks. The silence from my end was nothing good, bad, or different; just busy on my end. But I do have a great message tonight!!!
Merry Christmas and I wish you all a prosperous, healthy, and loving 2013!
Just doesn't seem possible that we are at the end of 2012 already, didn't we just celebrate the 2012 New Year???
Some great news tonight… Received a call from one of the chemo nurses; my oncologist asked her to call me and give me the results of my CT Scan (it was Tuesday). CT Scan showed that the chemo was definitely doing its job since there were no growths or enlarged lymph nodes to be found!!! YEAH!!! It put me in tears, happy ones, and how kind of the Doctor to give such great news right before Christmas. So I'm celebrating tonight!
Heading up to Carbondale, CO on Sunday to celebrate Christmas with friends and family. Coming back to Denver on Christmas day since I have chemo the 26th and 27th. This will be the 4th session out of 6. Hopefully I can control the side effects a little better this time, the last chemo made me feel like someone threw me under a moving bus. It's just 8 or 9 days where I don't feel like myself and it can be yucky. Another set of good news is the stent from my right kidney to my bladder came out on December 6th. It took all of 30 seconds to remove it, much simpler than when it went in. The nurse asked if I wanted to see it… Of course! You know it was a wire about 16" long!!! I was expecting a little thing, but definitely not so. Sure feels good to have it out and the doctor said all looked good when it came out nice and easy, unlike when it went in and he had to feed it around the enlarged nodes.
So all is well on my end and I do hope the same for all of you. Thank you again for the kind words, cards and prayers. I know for a fact that you have all played a part in this good news.
God bless you all in this precious time of year.
Love and hugs,
Mugsy
P.S. For those who want to access this via the blog, it can be found at: http://updatefrommugsy.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment